Looking for guidance? Click the links at the left for specific preservation resources.
- Short fact sheets for staff in collecting institutions or others involved in collections care activities.
- Tips for handling, moving, and storing your objects.
Disaster and Emergency Resources
- Technical bulletins covering disaster preparedness, recovery procedures, and hazardous situations.
Resources for Paper Preservation
- Guidelines for the preservation of paper artifacts.
Resources for Photograph Preservation
- Guidelines for the preservation of photographs.
Resources for Book Preservation
- Guidelines for the preservation of books.
AV Media Preservation Videos
- Seven short films on the preservation of AV media.
Consultant & Specialist Database
- A list of consultants, specialists, and vendors who assist institutions in all areas of collections care-related activities.
Collections Advocacy Toolkit
- Advocacy advice for those working at collecting institutions.
- Full text reports and documents answering common collections care concerns for museums, libraries, and archives.
- A selection of general conservation references and resources.