Collections Stewardship Succession Planning Initiative
The Collections Stewardship Succession Planning Initiative is a two-year project of CCAHA, in partnership with Lyrasis, created to actively address the need for leadership development and knowledge transfer in the cultural heritage workforce. Funded by a National Leadership Grant from the Institute for Museum and Library Services (IMLS), the initiative will gather data and build professional development resources to support succession planning for collections stewardship staff and volunteers. As succession planning is a critical instrument in addressing a long-term shift at cultural heritage organizations toward greater diversity, equity, and inclusion, the suite of resources will promote strategies to keep these important concerns at the forefront during times of transition.
As service providers to the country’s cultural heritage collecting institutions, CCAHA and Lyrasis have long recognized the need for succession planning, especially in smaller organizations with fewer resources. CCAHA and Lyrasis will utilize a series of small group listening sessions to learn about successful succession planning strategies and pathways that have proven more challenging for institutions in the project’s target group.
To be notified about upcoming listening sessions, the project survey, and resources, join the CCAHA mailing list.
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Katherine Skinner Cuda, Independent Consultant and Lecturer, San Jose State University School of Information
- Linda Endersby, Collections Consultant, Curiosities Consulting Company; Interim Managing Director, Coalition of State Museum Associations
- Cynthia Falk, Professor, Cooperstown Graduate Program
- Kahina Haynes, Executive Director, Dance Institute of Washington
- Evan Knight, Preservation Specialist, Massachusetts Board of Library Commissioners
- Emma Selfors, Curator of Collections, Historical Museum at Fort Missoula
- Kimberly Springle, CEO, GTMS Enterprises and Executive Director, Charles Sumner School Museum & Archives
- Deya Terrafranca, Research Library & Archives Director, Museum of Ventura County
- Tom Clareson, Senior Consultant for Digital & Preservation Services, Lyrasis
- Michelle Eisenberg, Acting Director, CCAHA
- Dyani Feige, Director of Preservation Services, CCAHA
- Lee Price, Director of Development, CCAHA