Paper means a lot of things.
Our conservators can help with anything paper-based, from 17th-century deeds to modern works of art.
We’ve helped local governments stabilize their 18th-century document records, flattening creases and creating long-term storage boxes. We’ve brought one-of-a-kind watercolors back to life through careful surface cleaning and stain reduction. One time, we uncovered previously-unknown sketches by Cezanne.
- graphite and ink drawings
- watercolor paintings
- etchings, engravings, woodcuts, lithographs, and other prints
- letters and other hand-written documents
- architectural drawings and blueprints
- historic wallpaper
- parchment deeds/documents
- modern art on paper
- baseball cards
- paper globes, lanterns, and other three-dimensional paper objects
- surface cleaning
- tape removal and adhesive reduction
- varnish and lamination removal
- mold remediation
- stain reduction
- inpainting and media consolidation
- calcium phytate treatment
- removing damaging linings and mounts
- mending tears and filling losses
- humidification and flattening